Known as a destination for luxury travelers with a love for adventure, Gateway Canyons Resort & Spa, a luxury resort in the red rock canyons of western Colorado, has introduced a majorly enhanced American West experience.
The resort, which has 72 high-end guest rooms and suites including 14 newly-completed casitas, will host authentic American West excursions, adventures, and hands-on learning experiences.
Adventures & Hands-On Learning Experiences
To name a few...
- The history of the American West
- Rock art of the Colorado Plateau
- Ancient astronomy, when guests can spend an evening discovering the galaxies, nebulae and star clusters under one of the planet’s darkest night skies
In the American West
- Take a Bentley Supersport for a spin through the scenic rural byways
- Canyon air tours and trips aboard a luxury helicopter
- Privileged access to more than 100 years of automotive history and design at the Gateway Auto Museum
- A variety of self-selected experiential activities offered through the on-site Adventure Center and Driven Experiences programs
The programs will be developed and introduced by Zebulon Miracle, the newly-appointed Curator of Curiosity at Gateway Canyons. Formerly the curator of Anthropology and collections manager for the Museum of Western Colorado, he has traveled and toured extensively throughout the world.
Story continues below.
Gateway Canyons has maintained its reputation for its unique combination of upscale accommodations, outdoor adventure and jaw-dropping untouched natural beauty since it was created by John Hendricks, founder and former chairman of the Discovery Channel and Discovery Communications.
The resort is launching the Curiosity Project, comprised of luxury learning vacations at the resort and a digital subscription service for deep-dive factual content.