Image courtesy of khunaspix at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Traveling for business is a nice escape from the office, but there’s still a schedule of meetings and events to keep track of.
Dasher is an app that allows you to see your colleagues’ locations, communicate quickly and send IOUs.
Compatible with iPhone, Android and any computer with Internet connection, Dasher was founded by three New York-based engineers who wanted to create a faster, easier way to communicate and share information.
Here are a few great features of the app:
- Embed a map pin directly in the conversation. Share Foursquare links for places to go.
- Share your real-time location with friends/colleagues in the conversation. When multiple people are sharing location, you can see everyone’s location at once so you can keep track of your colleagues and they can find you if you’re lost in a foreign city.
- Send or receive money directly in the chat. The app uses Venmo integration to do this.
- If your plans change, you can edit and delete sent texts in real time. Less confusion when trying to meet up with people.
With live location sharing, all geographic information from the chat (places you’ve found, peoples’ locations) is collected onto a single map. Here’s what it looks like:
Jesse Boyes, founder and CEO of Dasher, shared a personal story about using the app while traveling for business. He told us in an e-mail:
“It was a life-saver when there were a large group of friends (20-30) out of town for a conference in San Francisco: All week, we used Dasher as a back channel to discuss what was happening at the conference, where everyone was, where the parties were at, and so on. It was uniquely useful for us because:
– It was easy to share venues, peoples’ real-time locations, and rich links.
– It worked across any channel – you can chat on your laptop (via web) or on your phones.
– The GIFs and general media richness made it feel more like fun than simply a utility.
– I was easily able to change embarrassing typos that I otherwise would have been made fun of for.”
To get the app, visit www.dasher.im.